Position: full-time, permanent (32.5 hours per week)
Salary: $42,250 – $52,390 per year based on experience
Start date: flexible
Closing date: on-going till position is filled
Archipel is an Indigenous-owned and women led firm bringing together a diverse nation-wide team of social scientists, historians, facilitators, researchers, data analysts, linguistic specialists, educators, and community development experts. Website: www.archipelresearch.com
What We Offer
• Archipel operational hours are:
o Monday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm EST
o Friday 8:30 to 2:00 pm EST
• Work from home
• Paid vacation
• Annual paid holiday closure: December 23 to January 1.
• 17 paid public and employer designated holidays
• Employee Insurance Health Benefits
• 7 Paid Health and Wellness days (sick days)
• Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
• Cultural leave
Full Job Description
• Recruit participants and compile lists of potential participants in accordance with project objectives through creative outreach such as, emailing, calling, social media, etc. • Contact potential participants to build relations and if relevant explain any project objectives and protocol and coordinate interviews, either in person or by telephone. • Develop and / or assist in scheduling and conducting focus groups and interviews. • Assist in facilitating focus groups or conducting interviews.
• Schedule client meetings and assist Indigenous research manager.
• Organize any necessary transportation or accommodation for participants.
• Correspond with participants regarding logistics and deliver necessary materials.
• Conduct and record in-person, virtual, or telephone interviews and follow Indigenous protocols.
• Assist in preparing interview questions.
• Provide technical support for recording Zoom and in person interviews. • Take comprehensive notes and records at the meeting.
• Transcribe and archive interviews.
• Review and edit notes to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follow up with participants post meeting, resolve issues, clarify data collected, and seek approvals. • Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality and identity of subjects, as necessary.
• Data entry utilizing Excel and other Microsoft tools.
• Organize all information, data, on SharePoint to ensure easy access for all team members
• Manage and respond to project related emails.
• Prepare, maintain, and update website materials.
• Attend team meetings virtually.
• Summarize project result and report writing tasks.
• Edit related materials and reports.
• Keep account of project expenses.
• High degree of organization and attention to detail.
• Highly developed understanding of Indigenous communities, heritage, and worldviews. • Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills in English. • Ability to set priorities and targets and to meet deadlines in relation to frequently changing demands.
• This position is designated for an Indigenous applicant.
• Knowledge of an Indigenous language or French is considered an asset. • Experience with quantitative and qualitative research approaches is an asset. • Proficiency in using Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, and Word is an asset. • Job experience demonstrating relatable skillsets is an asset.
How to apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org